Laundry machines use a lot of energy.
To save on power costs, consider the following when doing laundry:
- Use cold water to cut a loads energy use by more than half. Cold-water detergents can help ensure clothes get clean.
- Your washer will use about the same amount of energy no matter the load size, so fill it up.
- Use lower heat settings to save energy, even though the drying cycle is longer.
- Clean the lint filter often so the dryer runs more efficiently and safely.
- When possible, hang laundry outside or on a drying rack to avoid using the dryer altogether.
Laundry can be a big chore, so let lower energy bills help ease the burden.
Published with permission from RISMedia.